Free «Writing an Essay About Into the Wild» Essay
Table of Contents
You will write an analysis essay that persuades your reader to consider an important issue from Into the Wild. Your essay will be 3-5 pages, double-spaced, and will feature one of the topics below or a topic you have created. You will use your own words, quotes from the book, and two outside sources. You will create a thesis statement and create clear, developed paragraphs that support your thesis. Your essay should be persuasive.
Please see all the handouts that show you an overview about managing time, finding sources, writing a thesis, and getting organized. You can find these handouts in the assignments tab under “online textbook.” They are all required reading.
CRITERIA FOR THIS ESSAY
- It must be 3-4 pages, double-spaced and submitted on time.
- In addition to Into The Wild, you must use two outside sources.
- You must use a minimum of three paraphrases and/or quotes from Into the Wild.
- You must use a topic from the list or propose your own; however, your essay must focus on the book, Into the Wild.
- Talk about McCandless's quest for identity.
- Discuss the idea and meaning of living a pure life in nature.
- Talk about McCandless's background / privilege and how or why he left it behind.
- Consider that one's desires might lead to obsession and note if this is true for McCandless.
- Talk about his rebellious nature and relationship with family.
- Compare McCandless, London, and Krakauer. What do they share in common?
- What is behind McCandless's need for creating Alex's profile?
- Talk about the benefits to society by creating biographies and documentaries? Focus on a particular theme from the book to illustrate your point.
- Talk about classification and how McCandless transitioned from white collar to blue collar.
- Talk about the hunter and gathering culture and why they did not go solo. Connect their existence to McCandless’s.
Wednesday, May 8th: Turn in An informal Outline. Details about this assignment and an example will appear on the week 5 assignment sheet. Submit this assignment to your Blackboard peer group.
Monday, May 20th: Turn in Draft 1 to the instructor AND your peer group. Draft 1 should show your best ability to write a persuasive paper. It should have a beginning, middle, and ending and support your thesis. Next, you will complete a peer editing assignment and your final draft will be due close to the end of the quarter.
Most popular orders